Passion – Gets You Ahead
How Passion at Work Helps You Get Ahead
A recent study has discovered 88% of people are unhappy in their job. The other 12% experience joy and passion for what they do.
Are you in this 12%?
If not, you’re not alone. Sadly, a lack of passion does more than make the day drag. When you’re not enthusiastic about what you do, you’re simply not going to be as productive or even as successful at what you do compared to the individual who gets excited about their job.
Don’t believe it? Consider these ideas on how passion at work will help you get ahead.
Passionate People Focus
Your intrigue is limitless by the things you’re passionate about. You can’t wait to dive in and see what makes things tick. This kind of focus enables you to see all the moving parts easily. It also keeps you more on task, and less likely to allow interruption as you hate to pull away from what you love.
Passionate People Experience Less Stress
When you’re passionate, you’re just more relaxed overall. Why would you be stressing about doing something you love? Instead, you’re more likely to feel the satisfaction of doing what you love as you get stuff done.
Passionate People are Creative
When you love what you do, you can’t wait to learn more about it. This interest in your work makes you more knowledgeable and more likely to notice things. This leads to more creativity in the course of your day.
Passionate People Get More Done
Passion is what wakes up a competitive spirit. Patience is a virtue and waiting is out the door as you focus on completing tasks just to see what comes next. All these things mean you’re putting out more work, and are much more likely to finish tasks over someone who isn’t passionate.
Passionate People Do Better
When you’re passionate, you’re going to be more interested in the details and will push more to ‘get it right’ just because you can. Being passionate means you’re doing a better quality of work, which is, in turn, noticed by those around you. Hey, think about it. When promotion time comes, who would you rather move up, someone who hates their job and drags through the day or someone enthusiastic, quick to action, and gets the work done?
Passionate People Have Fun
Work doesn’t have to be drudgery. When you’re passionate, you’re interested in what you do. This interest makes the day just go faster.
Passionate People Hate to Go Home at the End of the Day
This one should sort of speak for itself. When you find yourself wanting to stay and keep going with what you’re doing, you’re definitely in the right place doing the right thing.
Join us in the SpringBoard to Success group to find motivation, support and community.